Director, Regional Perioperative Services
Posted on: March 13, 2023
The Regional Director of ASC services in MAS is responsible for
operational accountability, the design and oversight of effective
Perioperative Services (includes Endoscopy, Operating Room, Post
Anesthesia Care Unit, Preoperative Evaluation Center, Outpatient
Procedure Suite and Sterile Processing) service delivery throughout
the Mid- Atlantic region. The director collaborates with MAPMG
Associate Medical Directors and Health Plan Delivery System
Leadership, to plan strategically, designing and implementing
complete operations. The director is accountable for quality of
care, quality of patient services, cost-effectiveness, eliminating
waste and redundancy, and supervisor/employee involvement and
competence in perioperative services. The director coordinates
administrative activities related to regional perioperative
services and programs.
- Regional Strategic Planning
- Responsible for the strategic direction, management and
performance of all perioperative activities through disciplined and
- Plans and executes short, mid and long range strategic plans
within the context of regional and organization-wide strategies and
- Responsible for continuously monitoring and evaluating the
performance of the department against internal and external
benchmarks to assure cost effective, quality service.
- Acts as a business leader for the organization by setting goals
and objectives for the department that align with the Regional
- Participates in regional steering committees, where
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model and Values throughout
- Collaborative & Resource Management
- Fosters collaborative partnership with MAPMG Perioperative
Services, Health Plan Leaders and labor partners to provide
integrated design, development, implementation, management and
evaluation of services affording members, timely access to care,
evidence based quality of care and exceptional care experiences in
the region across the continuum of care.
- Escalates key issues to VP Healthcare Operations, Chief
Operating Officer and MAPMG Associate Medical Director and
servicing as point of communication between the departments and
- Manages and monitors staff performance by establishing
accountabilities and performance goals related to overall goals and
targets, providing the tools to do the job, coaching, giving
feedback, counseling, providing training and development, and
giving appropriate rewards and recognition to ensure a high
- Leverages resources and manages financial and non-financial
resources and information.
- Shares best practices, recognizing and capitalizing on size,
scale, and capabilities and continuously seeks
- opportunities for cost restructuring to improve fiscal
- Models, mentors, and inspires evolved leadership
- Accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors
and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Credo, the
KP Mission, Regional Operating Plan and departmental
- Accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge,
skills, abilities and behaviors necessary to provide superior and
culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, to the
communities we service and to purchasers, contractors and
- Lend support, leadership and/or sponsorship to cross
departmental/facility initiatives to increase organizational
- Change Management & Innovation
- Creates and maintains strong department cultures that
understand and support the programs mission, objectives, policies
- Promotes a team environment and provides work direction and
guidance including coaching, professional development, education,
orientation and training.
- Utilizes research and best practices to implement and expedite
progressive clinical changes and to continuously improve the
delivery of patient care and member services.
- Establishes implements and evaluates effectiveness of
organizational structure departmental policies and personnel
management practices to achieve effective front-line supervision of
- Ensures all regional policies and procedures are standardized,
implemented and followed in each department.
- Ensures the maintenance of the highest quality standards for
- Works with Perioperative Chiefs, managers, and clinical staff
to develop guidelines and protocols that maintain quality output,
minimize risk, meet audit requirements and promote utilization of
affordable care. Monitors practices and processes to ensure
guidelines and protocols are followed.
- Assesses quality outcomes and develops data systems to guide
future decision making and quality improvement efforts.
- Ensures compliance with all Kaiser Policies, accreditation
standards and regulatory requirements (Federal, State and
- Patient Care
- May perform direct patient care to the extent necessary to
maintain clinical expertise, competency and licensing to fulfill
job responsibilities and to direct the provisioning of care of the
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Basic
- Minimum twelve (12) years of nursing experience in a hospital,
acute care, or ambulatory care environment.
- Minimum ten (10) years of supervisory/leadership
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in perioperative
- Bachelors degree in nursing (BSN) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Registered Nurse License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire AND
Registered Nurse License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire
- Compact License: Registered Nurse within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (District of Columbia) within 6 months
- Effective team building, conflict resolution, persuasive
communication and presentation skills required.
- Strong analytical skills and experience analyzing medical
expenses, staffing models and utilization and the ability to
analyzing complex functions, procedures, and problems to find
creative, logical, and effective solutions.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects and utilize
time management skills.
- Ability to build relationships through responsive, respectful
communications and positive collaborations across many departments
or organizational segments.
- Ability to be a change agent and assist in behavioral
transformation of staff (strategy, motivation, vision/mission
development, consistency). Must be able to work in a
Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following areas: Service
Orientation, Communication, Influence, Change Leadership, Results
Orientation, Leadership Development and Cultural Competence.
- Certification as an Operating Room Nurse (CNOR) preferred.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Olney , Director, Regional Perioperative Services, Executive , Olney, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...