Hiring Now! Registered Nurse - IMCU
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: May 8, 2022
POSITION PURPOSE: Professional care provider who assesses, plans,
implements, and evaluates the nursing care of patients from
admission through discharge. In collaboration with the patient and
family, provides theory-based professional nursing care and
coordinates care delivery with various members of the
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
1. Standard Job Duty: Contributes to the achievement of established
department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies,
procedures, quality standards, safety standards, and MedStar SPIRIT
Values. Complies with governmental and accreditation
2. Collects and analyzes significant patient's information that
pertains to physical, psychological, socio-cultural, economic,
spiritual, and life-style behaviors and efficiently leveraging
3. Functions autonomously providing relationship-based care that
promotes continuous, consistent, efficient, and accountable
delivery of nursing care using the nursing process with a favorable
focus on patient experience.
4. Identifies current and potential complex problems of specific
patient populations, critically analyzes trends, and changes in
patient status, and plans appropriate interventions.
5. Incorporates evidence-based practice and research into patient
care delivery, with a focus on quality and safety.
6. Serves as a patient advocate by independently communicating
clinical concerns, including ethical decisions, in a timely manner
to other members of the interdisciplinary team.
7. Practices within legal boundaries of nurse practice act and
possesses a theoretical understanding of the universal ethical
principles. Recognizes ethical discourse in practice and may seek
other resources in advocacy for support and counsel.
8. Individualizes patients plan of care, focusing on short and
long-range goals and effectively uses a variety of teaching
resources to meet the learning needs of patients and families.
9. Communicates patient information clearly and accurately in
verbal and written format.
10. Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies actual
and potential patient safety issues and acts accordingly while
incorporating HRO quality and safety principles.
11. Demonstrates effective leadership behaviors. Establishes
priorities and delegates tasks to peers and ancillary staff as
appropriate to scope of practice and unit requirements.
12. Effectively uses problem identification and resolution skills,
focusing on the clinical scenario to resolve the apparent concern.
Follows the chain of command by consulting with other healthcare
professionals and seeks assistance as needed.
13. Independently communicates concerns in a timely manner and
makes suggestions to members of the interdisciplinary team by
seeking and using resources effectively.
14. Evaluates the patient's response to treatment and progress
toward short and long-range goals and revises nursing interventions
15. Identifies patient and family needs prior to discharge.
Initiates and monitors discharge planning activities in
collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
16. Independently identifies resources and strategies to enhance
professional growth and development and commits to life-long
learning. Engages in professional growth and development through
reflective practice from performance feedback and participates in
entity professional development activities.
17. Supports and contributes to the unit, department, entity, and
organizational goals inclusive of the mission, vision, and
18. Standard Job Duty: Participates in meetings and on committees
and represents the department and hospital in community outreach
19. Standard Job Duty: Participates in multi-disciplinary quality
and service improvement teams.
20. Standard Job Duty: Performs other duties as assigned.
Education:Associate Degree or Bachelors Degree in Nursingfrom an
accredited School of Nursing required.
Experience: 1 year of Nursing experience
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state or jurisdiction
of the facility seeking employment, or Multistate Compact state or
license eligible. CPR certification required by completion of
About MedStar Health MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the
highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington,
D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through
education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400
affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our
health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300
community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association
in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to
research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical
partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is
dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but
also to the continuing education and professional development of
our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for
career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Olney , Hiring Now! Registered Nurse - IMCU, Healthcare , Olney, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!