Prep Cook - Central Kitchen
Company: Cafe Rio
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Earn up to $ 16.25/ hour! Plus tips
Stop in for an in-person interview from 2-4:30PM daily! Ask for the
The CK TM is responsible for performing any combination of duties
that would maintain the kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment
and utensils in a clean and orderly condition. The common task of
the kitchen staff involves actual cooking and food preparation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepare food items for the daily menu which includes cutting or
chopping or peeling, sorting, and washing.
* Cook with various culinary techniques, such as deep frying,
broiling, grilling, baking, boiling etc following Caf Rio recipes
and present food quickly and efficiently, meeting Caf Rio
* Scrape food from dirty dishes and wash them by hand or place them
to dish-washing machine/sinks.
* Wash pots, pans, and trays by hand.
* Sweep and mop floors.
* Empty trash as needed.
* Maintain a clean kitchen counter, stove, griddle, oven,
refrigerator and kitchen instruments.
* Work safely around kitchen equipment and report any maintenance
issues to the manager.
* Monitor temperature of all refrigerators and freezers
* Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work
* Monitor inventory and report items that need to be reordered.
* Be responsible for a neat, clean, and professional
* Comply with Department of Public Health Regulation and all other
applicable laws and regulations.
* Be punctual when reporting to work as well as performing
* Be involved and contribute in team meetings.
* Complete all appropriate company documentation and key tasks, on
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures and follows each
* Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by kitchen
manager and General Manager.
REPORTS to: the CK Manager
The above job description identifies the essential job functions
and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this
position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a
complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job
functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Must have a basic knowledge of kitchen sanitation, kitchen
equipment, knife handling skills, and reading and math skills.
* Be able to work in a high-energy and demanding environment.
* Must be able to multi-task, maintain a professional manner, work
quickly, and communicate well to ensure all orders are satisfactory
* Be able to measure ingredients accurately and must be able to
understand and carry out instructions.
* Behave professionally and be flexible to change.
* Be physically capable of carrying items as needed to perform the
* 95% of time standing and 5% of time sitting.
* Occasional exposure to cold, heat, and water.
Keywords: Cafe Rio, Olney , Prep Cook - Central Kitchen, Hospitality & Tourism , Olney, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!