Senior Mortgage Loan Processor
Company: Sandy Spring Bancorp
Posted on: March 29, 2020
Senior Mortgage Loan Processor
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow
your career with an organization that has enriched clients and
communities for almost 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be
the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused
on creating remarkable experiences for our employees, clients,
shareholders and communities. We are proud to be recognized by the
Washington Post as a Top Workplace as well as by Forbes as the #1
Bank in Maryland. Our values run deep in integrity, relationship
building and community outreach.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a
comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer
competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement
savings options, full health care options, life insurance,
health/dependent care flexible spending accounts, career
development opportunities, tuition assistance, and volunteer
opportunities to name a few in making Sandy Spring Bank a desirable
place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Senior Mortgage
Loan Processor. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be
responsible for following established procedures, evaluating all
information supplied on conventional and government residential
loan applications. You will generally work on more complicated loan
packages while providing assistance to junior analysts. You are
responsible for maintaining a 18 Loan per month closing record.
Areas of focus:
- Represents the Bank to clients in a courteous, professional
manner, and provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service in
person, by phone, or through mail.
- Receives mortgage loan applications from Mortgage Banker and
- Reviews application for completeness, reviews assets and
liabilities as listed.
- Resolves routine problems with applicant; answers questions,
clarifies points of confusion, and contacts applicant to obtain
information necessary to proceed.
- Verifies advance disclosures. Verifies credit, employment,
income and liabilities according to established
- Upon receipt of appraisal and title work, verifies to
information provided on application. Runs AUS as necessary. Updates
LOS to information received to ensure compliance with underwriting
- Completes a final evaluation and analysis of the completed
application package and prepares the file for submission to
underwriting, specifying any applicable conditions to the credit
- Notifies all applicable parties of underwriting
- Maintains record of all loans in process and conducts weekly
pipeline reviews with originator.
- Prepares commitment letter to applicant. Clears outstanding
conditions. Schedules loan for closing. Submits file to Closing
- Provides assistance to other analysts as needed. Trains new
analysts in company policy and investor guidelines and in the
methods used to process a mortgage application from start to
- 6-10 years as a Mortgage Loan Analyst (Processor) in
conventional and government lending.
- A thorough knowledge of conventional and government mortgage
processing at this level in order to handle more complicated loan
- Strong organizational skills to meet expected productivity
- Ability to communicate effectively to instruct and guide
- Experience using personal computer systems such as spreadsheet
and database applications.
- Analytical ability is required in researching problems and
providing possible solutions.
- Work requires regular internal and external contact in
furnishing and obtaining information. Tact and discretion in
obtaining cooperation and understanding. Appropriate interpersonal
skills needed to maintain a positive rapport with customers and
- Knowledge of Encompass strongly preferred but not
- Work is under minimal supervision where independent judgment is
required in the interpretation of existing policies and
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, gender
identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
law. We maintain a drug-free workplace.If you require a reasonable
accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at
1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a
Keywords: Sandy Spring Bancorp, Olney , Senior Mortgage Loan Processor, Other , Olney, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!