Systems Engineer Principal
Posted on: July 14, 2020
SAIC is seeking a System Engineer (SE) to provide support to our
commercial satellite services program. Responsibilities includes
cross organization coordination and collaboration, technology
characterization and de-confliction, and long-term strategic
development for our customer organization to meet present and
future mission needs.
The candidate must be technical and detail oriented, willing to
learn the associated tools for service provisioning, process
documentation, tasking, research and data routing, as well as tools
for operations center support and system health / performance
monitoring. Selected candidate must be willing to learn and will be
trained and mentored into a subject matter expert over the period
of the next few years while in this position. The successful
candidate will have experience with general business functions,
process documentation, checklist development, process monitoring,
and change management.
Job Duties Include:
- Developing, documenting and following Standard Operating
Procedures to provide service provisioning and utilization guidance
to support the infrastructure and customers during operations.
- Responsible to work as part of a team for monitoring satellite
performance and data flow, keeping accurate logs, assisting
customers with mission planning, data delivery and providing
stakeholder notification s as appropriate.
- Working with the satellite service providers and operational
users for service provisioning, modification of services, reporting
and distribution of service outages.
- Working with the satellite service providers and Sponsor's
financial offices to assure that financial obligations are met.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or
more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ;
PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- BS in engineering, computer systems, Business or relevant
- Experience with change management, process documentation,
checklist development, process & performance monitoring.
- Experience with business functions associated with satellite
service, provisioning including scheduling, financial planning,
reporting and forecasting.
- Experience working with complex systems across multiple network
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships, encourage
teamwork, and promote cooperation, demonstrated ability to think
critically and strategically.
- Ability to communicate technical issues clearly and
- Ability to execute assignments with little supervision and
actively participate in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work occasional surge support.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and build system expertise
- Experience with Windows, Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Office
Products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with operational support center and / or SATCOM
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required - 15%.
- IT experience in the intelligence community.
- Commitment to support the program for 3 or more years.
- Program/project management experience
Keywords: SAIC, Olney , Systems Engineer Principal, Other , Chantilly, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!