Team Lead Environmental Svs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About MedStar Health
- Job Summary
- The Team Lead directly oversees the activities of assigned
Environmental Services staff, to ensure that assigned areas are
properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with requisite
standards of quality and safety. Under the general supervision of
the Environmental Services supervisor, this person oversees
employees of assigned shifts.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in hospital setting
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Knowledge of building maintenance techniques
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including all State,
Federal and JCAHO regulation
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversight: Is responsible for proper completion of duties of
assigned Environmental Services staff.
- Oversees shift to include reviewing and evaluating of
assignments and tasks, conducting orientation, counseling, and
- Maintains staff schedules by payroll period, noting reasons for
employees' absences, and the area and task assigned to each
employee to ensure that all work is completed on an ongoing
- Assists supervisors of other departments in resolving
- Makes periodic reviews of existing schedules, practices, and
policies and recommends changes to ensure efficient and cost
effective use of supplies and equipment.
- Performs inspections of assigned areas, and reports
deficiencies for correction.
- Inspects assigned work area after work has been completed and
verifies that all work has been done in compliance with established
- Requisitions required supplies and monitors utilization of
housekeeping materials to ensure efficient and cost-effective use
of supplies and equipment.
- Implements programs to increase cost savings and ensure cost
- Monitors vendor pricing and delivery schedules.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies are available and in good
- Tests new equipment as instructed, and brings new material to
the attention of the manager of Environmental Services for possible
- Staff Support: Actively participates in staff development
- Conducts orientation and in-service training programs for
- Environmental Services staff
- Established performance goals, allocates resources and assesses
policies for direct subordinates.
- Provides education to all employees regarding safety issues and
updates safety information for orientation of new employees.
- Trains and orients new personnel on subjects including safety
regulations and procedures, maintenance of equipment, efficient and
cost-effective methods of cleaning, and preventive
- Development: Participates with supervisors in identifying
- When learning needs are identified, participates in training
and development activities.
- Attends hospital sponsored training programs as required by the
- Completes all mandatory requirements within allotted timeframe
- Organizational knowledge: Works effectively within and between
- Participates in departmental projects
- Participates in interdepartmental activities when asked.
- Demonstrates a constructive approach during all interactions
with staff, supervisors, and managers both inside and outside the
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care
for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while
advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation
and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians
work in a variety of settings across our health system, including
10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the
largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: Medstar, Olney , Team Lead Environmental Svs, Other , olney, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!