Company: MedStar Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit,
acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in
Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura
personalis-caring for the whole person-MedStar Georgetown is
committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and
treatment options within a trusting and compassionate
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include
neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with
Magnet nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced
research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's
healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence
- Works with Orthopedic Spine Physicians and Nurse Practitioner,
aiding the physicians with patient evaluation, including completing
patient histories and physical examinations, and consultations,
assisting and performing Orthopaedic procedures, as well as acting
as a resource for case management. These functions are performed in
accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar
Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures
Education, Experience, and License Requirements
- Completion and graduation from an accredited Physician
- 3 - 5 years orthopedic surgical experience preferred.
- PA certification, DC, Maryland and Virginia licensure.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Triages patient telephone inquiries and provides consultation,
as needed and ensures appropriate treatment or referral.
- Provides patient care in the clinical setting to include:
assessment, analysis, and treatment of acute and chronic problems.
Performs physical examinations pertinent to the patient's medical
history and complaint and/or study participation.
- Orders and evaluates appropriate diagnostic studies and
- Works with surgical scheduling specialist coordinating and
scheduling surgical cases. Communicates with insurance and patients
to obtain required precertification to ensure payment for services
provided. Inform patients of pre-operative requirements and provide
necessary orders and instructions to patient, departments and
primary care providers following insurance requirements.
- Interprets and synthesizes data to determine preliminary
diagnosis and therapeutic plan and procedures.
- Records and documents assessment data, interventions, results
and patient outcomes per established clinical protocols.
- Assists in maintaining reports and correspondence in patients'
charts.Facilitates attorney requests according to established
guidelines. Assists in pulling and preparing charts for clinic
- Works in coordination with, assists and covers in the absence
of medical secretary.
- Instructs patients and family regarding medications and
treatment/surgical instructions. Provides patient education and
serves as resource to other clinical team members regarding
- Manages clinical research studies to include: patient
recruitment, screening for suitability in research studies;
scheduling and maintenance of records of visits, phone calls;
assessment and performance of testing per study proto
- Assists in preparations and monitoring of research
- Assists patients in accessing services within the Medical
Center and community.
- Collaborates with physician in evaluating and managing the
acute and long-term medical/surgical needs of patients.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate
to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general
description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this
classification and is not to be considered as all inclusive.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality
care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while
advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation
and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians
work in a variety of settings across our health system, including
10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the
largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MedStar Health, Olney , Physician Assistant, Other , Olney, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!