AMHC Case Manager
Company: MedStar Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position has primary responsibility for the effective and
timely transition/ transfer/discharge of AMHC intensive level of
care patients and families. The AMHC Case Manager works directly
with patients (ages 13 years or older) and other clinical staff
members to effectively coordinate quality aftercare services in the
AMHC intermediate level of care and other community services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Coordination: Coordinates patient movement through the AMHC
system and arranges additional services in the community as
- Oversees patients' transfers/transition to other levels of care
- Interacts directly with intensive level patients and family to
facilitate the effective transition of patients to other AMHC
levels of care and/or other community resources/care
- Manages the coordination of care for most complex cases,
including patients 65 years and older, medically complex cases and
- Plans for patient discharge including their transfer/transition
to other service lines or treatment facilities.
- Identifies discharge planning options and anticipates
patient/families needs prior to discharge.
- Makes all necessary arrangement, contacts and makes placement
prior to discharge.
- Acts as a liaison between patients/families, other healthcare
providers, agencies and payors.
- Communicates and consults with clinical and utilization review
Documentation is accurate and thorough.
- Team: Acts as a departmental and hospital resource through
informal leadership and technical expertise.
Coaches and/or mentors co-workers
- Development: Participates with supervisors in identifying
- When learning needs are identified, participates in training
and development activities.
- Attends hospital sponsored training programs as required by the
Completes all mandatory requirements, certifications, and
licensure within allotted timeframe for completion (CPR, License,
PPD, Competencies, Age Specifics, etc.)
- Organizational knowledge: Works effectively within and between
- Participates on inter-departmental teams and committees,
communicating unit knowledge as appropriate
- Provides department/unit with information and knowledge
acquired during participation with interdepartmental teams and
Demonstrates a constructive approach during all interactions
with staff, supervisors, and managers both inside and outside the
- Department/Unit Specific Functions and Duties
- Meets with patients and families to coordinate discharge
planning using a supportive psychotherapy approach.
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Licensed
Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC) or Licensed Clinical Social
Worker (LCSW-C) or Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LMSW)
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Basic Computer skills to perform data entry
- Computerized clinical information systems such as AMHC
database, Clinicians View, Chart View
- HIPAA policies on Confidentiality
- 1-2 years of Clinical Mental Health/Addiction experience
- Experience with discharge planning and/or case management
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality
care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while
advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation
and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians
work in a variety of settings across our health system, including
10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the
largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MedStar Health, Olney , AMHC Case Manager, Other , Olney, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!