Company: Medstar Research Institute
Posted on: September 17, 2022
18101 Prince Philip Drive
Nursing - Direct Patient Care
Day Shift with rotating weekend
Assists in providing direct and indirect patient care according to
established procedures. Provides care for the adult and geriatric
population under the direction and supervision of an RN.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
* Clinical: Performs basic, routine and specialized tasks in
assigned department, under the supervision of a registered
* Meets patients needs (to include providing baths, linen changes,
bedpans, water pitchers, etc.).
* Assists with ambulation, positioning, elimination, personal
hygiene, activities of daily living, routine comfort measures.
* Transports patients and transfers patients between stretcher and
bed and bed to chair.
* Provides nourishments as requested and authorized by orders,
including distribution and collection of meal trays as needed.
* Participates in shift report, reports observations, unusual
happenings to RN.
* Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each patient in the
delivery of services to them.
* Observes, monitors, and reports changes in patient's condition,
symptom, reactions or behavior as appropriate.
* Rounds on all assigned patients based on established
* Documents vital signs promptly and accurately.
* Purposefully rounding at a minimum of every two hours on assigned
* Environmental: Maintains a clean, safe, prepared work
* Prepares patient areas for admissions.
* Cleans patient care equipment, as needed, or as assigned.
* Distributes supplies to designated storage areas when they are
delivered to unit.
* Checks par levels of supplies and restocks as needed.
* Maintains orderliness of utility, storage, nourishment and
nursing station areas at the end of each shift.
* Checks sterile supplies for sterility integrity, where
* Administrative: Assists in the timely collection and accurate
reporting of patient data.
* Observes, monitors and records vital signs and nursing care
procedures in the appropriate area of the clinical record.
* Assures that documentation is accurate.
* Promptly answers call lights and telephones
* Development: Maintains current knowledge, certification, and
* Identifies learning needs in self and initiates actions to
address these education needs.
* Attends continuing education programs in order to maintain
* Attends hospital sponsored training programs as required by the
* Completes all mandatory requirements, certifications, and
licensure within allotted timeframe for completion (CPR, License,
Mask fitting, Competencies, Age Specifics, etc.)
* Organizational knowledge: Works effectively within and between
* Participates on inter-departmental teams and committees,
communicating unit knowledge as appropriate
* Provides department/unit with information and knowledge acquired
during participation with interdepartmental teams and
* Demonstrates a constructive approach during all interactions with
staff, supervisors, and managers both inside and outside the
* Department/Unit Specific Functions and Duties
* Consistently displays professionalism in interactions with
patients and families, staff and physicians.
* Maintains flexibility with schedule to meet departmental
* Treats each patient and visitor with courtesy and respect.
Awareness of cultural diversity and includes patient into care
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Completion of a Patient Care Technician course preferred
* Current BLS Certification
* Current CNA Licensure
* Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
* Basic Computer skills to perform Data entry
* Computerized clinical information systems:
* HIPAA policies on Confidentiality.
* Patient Care Technician/Nursing Tech in a Hospital setting
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide the
appropriate care for patients in all age groups.
Keywords: Medstar Research Institute, Olney , PCT, Other , Olney, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!