Company: Medstar Research Institute
Posted on: May 8, 2022
18101 Prince Philip Drive
Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Evening / Night Shift with rotating weekend
A health care team member who observes the cardiac monitors to
identify and documents dysrhythmias and notifies RN of any critical
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Clinical/Technical: Monitors patients, supplies or equipment as
directed by supervisory staff.
- Interprets basic dysrhythmias, calculates heart rates and EKG
intervals (PR, QRS, QT Intervals).
- Accurately admits patients to the remote monitor station
(patient first and last name, room number and date).
- Uses 2 patient identifiers when admitting and discharging
patients from the remote monitor.
- Notifies the Primary RN of any change in the patient's rhythm
at the time of the occurrence and documents same via a
- Completes daily counts of all remote monitoring equipment and
documents (telemetries, pulse Oxy, NTX's, cables).
- Transcribes patient data onto chart in an accurate and concise
- Documents the rhythms on the monitor Log and patient chart
according to the Remote Monitor Protocol.
Obtains/files of monitor strips on all patients.
- Communication: Between all levels of health care team,
patients, visitors and customers.
- Answers telephone per hospital protocol (name, unit and
customer service script).
- Works with Critical Care Charge RN daily to review remote
monitors and patients. (8a and 8p).
- Maintains professional communication with Health Care Team
members at all time.
- Obtains remote unit nursing assignments and vocera's every
- Utilizes vocera and/or telephone to notify Primary RN of
changes in remote monitor rhythms.
- Ensures all rhythm strip documents arrive at remote unit each
shift (7a, 3p, 11p).
- Notifies Critical Care Charge RN / Manager of any missing
Reviews remote monitor rhythms with physician daily.
- Development: Maintains current knowledge, certification, and
- Participates in training and development activities when
learning needs are identified.
- Attends hospital sponsored training programs as required by the
Completes all mandatory requirements, certifications, and licensure
within allotted timeframe for completion (License, PPD,
Competencies, Age Specifics, etc.).
- Organizational knowledge: Works effectively within and between
- Participates in departmental projects.
- Participates in interdepartmental activities when
Demonstrates a constructive approach during all interactions with
staff, supervisors, and managers both inside and outside the
- Department/Unit Specific Duties:
- Assists in the collection of PI Data (length of stay, ICU
returns and Discharge call backs).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION & REGISTRATION:
- Patient Monitoring Certification or relevant monitoring
experience and ECG interpretation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- Basic computer skills to perform data entry
- HIPAA policies on Confidentiality
Keywords: Medstar Research Institute, Olney , Monitor Technician, Professions , Olney, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!