Hiring Now! Patient Care Technician
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: May 10, 2022
POSITION PURPOSEAssists in providing direct and indirect patient
care according to established procedures. Provides care for the
adult and geriatric population under the direction and supervision
of an RN.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Clinical: Performs basic, routine and specialized tasks in
assigned department, under the supervision of a registered
- Meets patients needs (to include providing baths, linen
changes, bedpans, water pitchers, etc.).
- Assists with ambulation, positioning, elimination, personal
hygiene, activities of daily living, routine comfort measures.
- Transports patients and transfers patients between stretcher
and bed and bed to chair.
- Provides nourishments as requested and authorized by orders,
including distribution and collection of meal trays as needed.
- Participates in shift report, reports observations, unusual
happenings to RN.
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each patient in
the delivery of services to them.
- Observes, monitors, and reports changes in patient's condition,
symptom, reactions or behavior as appropriate.
- Rounds on all assigned patients based on established
- Documents vital signs promptly and accurately.
- Purposefully rounding at a minimum of every two hours on
- Environmental: Maintains a clean, safe, prepared work
- Prepares patient areas for admissions.
- Cleans patient care equipment, as needed, or as assigned.
- Distributes supplies to designated storage areas when they are
delivered to unit.
- Checks par levels of supplies and restocks as needed.
- Maintains orderliness of utility, storage, nourishment and
nursing station areas at the end of each shift.
- Checks sterile supplies for sterility integrity, where
- Administrative: Assists in the timely collection and accurate
reporting of patient data.
- Observes, monitors and records vital signs and nursing care
procedures in the appropriate area of the clinical record.
- Assures that documentation is accurate.
- Promptly answers call lights and telephones
- Development: Maintains current knowledge, certification, and
- Identifies learning needs in self and initiates actions to
address these education needs.
- Attends continuing education programs in order to maintain
- Attends hospital sponsored training programs as required by the
- Completes all mandatory requirements, certifications, and
licensure within allotted timeframe for completion (CPR, License,
Mask fitting, Competencies, Age Specifics, etc.)
- Organizational knowledge: Works effectively within and between
- Participates on inter-departmental teams and committees,
communicating unit knowledge as appropriate
- Provides department/unit with information and knowledge
acquired during participation with interdepartmental teams and
- Demonstrates a constructive approach during all interactions
with staff, supervisors, and managers both inside and outside the
- Department/Unit Specific Functions and Duties
- Consistently displays professionalism in interactions with
patients and families, staff and physicians.
- Maintains flexibility with schedule to meet departmental
- Treats each patient and visitor with courtesy and respect.
Awareness of cultural diversity and includes patient into care
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a Patient Care Technician course preferred
- Current BLS Certification
- Current CNA LicensureRequired Knowledge:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Basic Computer skills to perform Data entry
- Computerized clinical information systems:
- HIPAA policies on Confidentiality.Experience Required:
- Patient Care Technician/Nursing Tech in a Hospital setting
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide the
appropriate care for patients in all age groups.About MedStar
Health MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality
care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while
advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation
and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians
work in a variety of settings across our health system, including
10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the
largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Olney , Hiring Now! Patient Care Technician, Professions , Olney, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!